Trading Reference Australia formerly Tenant Reference Australia ("TRA") regards compliance with all applicable laws to protect the privacy of individuals as a high priority. Accordingly, TRA has taken and will continue to take steps to ensure such compliance is achieved.
TRA takes care to ensure that only relevant information is collected on its database. No sensitive personal information is retained. Access to the database is carefully limited to persons with a genuine purpose for consulting the database.
TRA also takes care to ensure that the information on its database is accurate and up to date. If you think that any information of the database is, or might be, inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will make every effort to correct any inaccuracies.
What sort of information does TRA hold?
The main type of information held by TRA is information which helps identify you (name, address, telephone number and similar information). The other type of information held by TRA is whether you have been listed on the database for any reason, and the contact details of the person who made that listing. This information is held for the purpose of consideration by letting agents who may be considering an application by you. It is also held for the purpose of allowing solicitors, commercial agents and others to contact you for any legal purpose.
How TRA holds and discloses information
Information in the TRA database is held securely. The only persons who are allowed to see information about you (other than you) are people to whom you submit applications (and whom you thereby authorise to view such information) and commercial organisations who need to see the information in order to contact you.
TRA policies in relation to the management of personal information
TRA maintains the following policies in relation to the management of personal information:
- TRA takes appropriate steps to prevent unauthorised access to the TRA database, including preventing unauthorised modification or disclosure of the records in that database. The security of the database is reviewed periodically.
- TRA maintains a list of authorised users at all times. That list is reviewed periodically to ensure that it is accurate.
- TRA does not collect any sensitive information about individuals, within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- TRA collects information about individuals only by lawful and fair means.
- TRA will take appropriate steps to provide its contact details to persons who become listed in its records.
- TRA will take appropriate steps to notify any person who becomes listed in its records of the fact of such listing.
- TRA will take appropriate steps to notify any person whose listing changes, or is removed, of the fact of that change or removal.
- TRA will change the record of any person whom advises TRA that his or her record is incorrect, and supply a copy of this document to that person for their records.
- TRA will provide access to any person to his or her own records, upon being reasonably satisfied of the identity of that person.